The Mission of the Parish is to be a Catholic multicultural community, called to witness and proclaim, to celebrate and share the Hope and Charity we have in Jesus Christ as exemplified by St. Josephine Bakhita, our "universal sister" and "model of hope for the Twenty-first century".
We are a people who weave together this neighbourhood as:
- A community of faith, committed to live the Greatest Love of Jesus Crucified, and Mary, Mother of Charity at the foot Of the Cross.
- A community Of prayer, nourished by the Word Of God, the Eucharist, and the traditions Of the Church, reflected in the way we live and celebrate.
- A community that welcomes every man and woman, child and youth, to equal discipleship.
- A community that is missionary, open to the needs of the world, committed to the promotion of justice, peace, and the stewardship of creation.
- A community that is not afraid to face its pain and yet deeply trust in the hope that saves.
We believe that each one is called to be the strand that God will use to weave a tapestry that is intricate and exquisite in this place.